Last night, BBC Radio 1's output was rather special. For 12 hours they were live from Ibiza as part of the station’s annual Ibiza event. Annie Mac and Pete Tong broadcasted while hosting a free event at Ushuaïa Ibiza Beach Hotel. Their guests included Carl Cox, Calvin Harris, David Guetta, Tiësto and Example, who performed a couple of songs. Afterwards, a 6 hour Essential Mix began which included Zane Lowe, Knife Party, Magnetic Man and deadmau5.
Despite starting his Meowingtons Hax tour at Lollapalloza, Chicago on Sunday, deadmau5 travelled to Space, Ibiza to play a 1 hour 20 minute set live on air. There was no Dubstep to be found, just a very progressive set with some interesting mashups and alternative versions of songs, of which we’ve embedded below.
HR 8938 Cephei / Raise Your Weapon (Acapella)
October / Raise Your Weapon (Acapella)
Strobe (Piano Intro Edit)
Where Are My Keys / Slip
You can listen to the whole 6 hour Essential Mix over on BBC iPlayer for the next 7 days, or download to keep right here.
Tracklisting (all tracks by deadmau5 unless stated):
1. HR 8938 Cephei / Raise Your Weapon (Acapella)
2. Cthulhu Sleeps
3. Milton - BSOD / The Funk Phenomena - Armand Van Helden
4. Pondo (Silvio Ecomo & Chuckie Remix) - Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano / Sometimes Things Get, Whatever (Acapella) / System - D.Ramirez & Mark Knight
5. Budgie - Funkagenda
6. Don't Forget The Paperwork
7. Some Chords
8. Professional Griefers
9. Moar Ghosts 'n' Stuff
10. Ghosts 'n' Stuff
11. October / Raise Your Weapon (Acapella)
12. Strobe (Piano Intro Edit)
13. Aural Psynapse (2nd edit)